At CCIMHealth, we offer customized wellness plans with emphasis on food and plant-based treatments based on the principles of Maharishi Ayurveda. Maharishi Ayurveda is a modern restoration of the ancient Indian/Vedic health science of Ayurveda and is facilitated by scientists and doctors immersed in modern medicine.
The guiding principles of Ayurvedic healthcare are as follows:
- There are 3 “operative elements” (doshas) at the deepest level of human physiology:
- Vata– associated with movement (in nature this is air/wind)
- Pitta – associated with transformation/metabolism (in nature this is fire/water)
- Kappa– associated with liquid/solid (in nature this is water and earth)
- When these are in balance, health is optimal; when they are not in balance, illness / chronic inflammation occurs
- While everyone has a fundamental constitution (“prakriti”), most people have a degree of imbalance (“vikriti”) of the 3 doshas, and this imbalance is a deviation from their Prakriti.
- The diagnostic process in Ayurveda begins with assessment of Prakriti and Vikriti for the patient, and involves a questionnaire-based evaluation followed by an office-based physical examination
- Treatments are aimed at balancing Vikriti, with the aim of achieving Prakriti. Treatments may involve any of the following:
- Customized food plan
- Behavioral / habit changes
- Plant-based medicines
- Cleansing procedures
CCIM Ayurvedic Wellness program is aimed to provide additional customization of our protocols following CCIM Enteroimmunology & Endocrinology: Gut Microbiome & Hormone Balancing Programs.